During the first phase of my search for sources I tried looking for articles on motivational rhetoric. Since my two speakers, Drs. Lyte and Herr, were attempting to motivate their audience I wanted to find information on how to motivate people. My findings turned up an article concerning the different levels of motivation under investigation for the improvement of education. This was a win-win article because my thesis states that, "Education is something that promotes the common good," and improvements to education therefore should equal improvements in society.
Another finding in my investigation was of the Millersville magazine "Review," which has a section to update readers on what MU alumni are doing at the moment. This was a very useful tool for my research because I need examples of alumni who are making a difference to support my thesis that, "Education is something that promotes the common good." There should be evidence of how these Millersville alumni are using what they have learned to serve their community.
Also I will use the original documents from the beginning of the semester to support my thesis. There are plenty of examples in both speeches that education can improve the lives of those who experience it.
You've got a lot of great sources. Good idea to go back and use the documents from the beginning of the semester.
ReplyDeleteI think because you have a good grasp on where your paper is headed you've been able to make good use of your resources. Finding the 'Review' was a smart move connecting the school research with your own.
ReplyDelete